Thursday, January 31, 2019

5 Inspiring Examples of Pipes as Curtain Rods

In my many years of living in apartments and houses that tend to include windows (ok, they have all had windows), I've long found myself underwhelmed by curtain rods. If I do what's practical and just buy something affordable, the materials yield an almost hilariously flimsy product. If I squirrel away extra dollars for significantly higher quality curtain rods, I seem to suffer decision fatigue on exactly where to purchase them (after all, you don't want to spend a wad of cash on something so innocuous only to find yourself second-guessing your choice in the end).

While I'm a big fan of vintage-accented rods (think old crystal), I also badly wanted to bring a small bit of an industrial feel into my new home in Portland, Oregon. Industrial can be a bit of a misfit aesthetic when not in a warehouse-type neighborhood (I am not), but I found a way to make it work subtly with this one simple design replacement: Use a pipe instead of a curtain rod.

READ MORE »



from Apartment Therapy | Saving the world, one room at a time http://bit.ly/2Wx1KU4

No comments:

Post a Comment