Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Go Ahead, Take the Long Way: Takeaways From an Epic Family Road Trip — The Art of the Road Trip

(Image credit: Emma Fiala)

Every year, around this time, my family and I take a trip from Minneapolis to Seattle. My husband and I first went when I was pregnant with our daughter. For our next two trips it was just the three of us. The following year the three of us were jointed by her little brother, in my belly. And now the four of us have been together twice. The reoccurring theme? Rushing! Despite our young company, we would, year after year, make the drive in two days, bypassing many of the most amazing things that the US has to offer. But this year? This year we took it slow. As a freelance photographer, I simply blacked out the dates we needed months in advance. My husband, on the other hand, saved up his time off specifically for our annual adventure.

READ MORE »



from Apartment Therapy | Saving the world, one room at a time http://ift.tt/2aqU3bt

No comments:

Post a Comment