Friday, July 28, 2017

Test Your Shopping Savvy: Can You Spot the Steal?

(Image credit: Arlyn Hernandez)

Many moons ago, it was quite easy to spot the difference (at least from afar) between high-end furniture and decor, and less-quality "bargain" pieces, but today? Not so much. Pick up any shelter magazine and you're likely to see plenty of homes with a mix of high and low, IKEA and 1stdibs. In my own home, my Crate & Barrel sofa (which was a splurge for me!) sits next to a side table from Target I picked up on sale for less than $30. But design has become so much better on the lower end of the market that it can be really hard to tell.

With that in mind, I put together this fast and fun quiz to test your eye. Can you tell which is the splurge and which is the steal? Warning: it's not as easy as you might think!

READ MORE »



from Apartment Therapy | Saving the world, one room at a time http://ift.tt/2vekNIi

No comments:

Post a Comment