Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Is Renting Art the New Way to Buy Art?

I once bought a painting that seemed to be everything I had been looking for in a long search for art to hang above my sofa. I specifically wanted a blue-and-purple watercolor and was overjoyed when I found just the piece. But when I brought it home, in the different light of my living room, against the color of my walls, suddenly the blue and purple weren't the right shade of blue and purple, and the large painting wasn't as oversized as it should have been for the space. I hung it up anyway and tried to live with it for a while, and when I finally decided it wasn't what I wanted, it was too late to return it. If only I had been able to rent it before I decided on whether to purchase it, I could have avoided my artwork slump.

READ MORE »



from Apartment Therapy | Saving the world, one room at a time http://ift.tt/2i8mRtU

No comments:

Post a Comment