Wednesday, November 28, 2018

A Textile Designer's Modern Colonial Is Incredibly Cheery — House Tour

Name: Erin Flett and family
Location: Gorham, Maine
Size: 2,400 square feet
Years lived in: 3 years, owned

We found an open lot in the middle of an established neighborhood in Gorham, Maine, and instantly fell in love. It was almost four acres, half-wooded, and half-open and flat. We decided to build a traditional colonial while keeping the details extremely modest, simple, and understated with a ton of white space with clean line finishes from the baseboards to the doors, kitchen cabinets and shelves. I love the simplicity of white on white and using found galvanized vintage industrial lighting, as well as vintage milk glass as much as possible and bringing in pops of color from found vintage art, small pieces of furniture, and my own hand-drawn, hand-silk screened textiles to help bring it together. My favorite two areas in and around our home is my giant yellow barn door I found on Craigslist that we incorporated for my home studio and my recycled granite curbing walls for my perennial garden with recycled Portland, Maine, cobble stone.

READ MORE »



from Apartment Therapy | Saving the world, one room at a time https://ift.tt/2DPQD1o

No comments:

Post a Comment