Sunday, January 29, 2017

Setting Up House: Stylish Wedding Registry Essentials For Every Room In Your Home

(Image credit: Tanya Lacourse)

There's an episode of Sex and the City called "A Woman's Right to Shoes." In it, Carrie Bradshaw announces her marriage to herself and registers for a pair of Manolo Blahnik shoes (I know it sounds quite ridiculous, but it makes sense in the context of the story, I promise). I wasn't married when it first aired—but I remember thinking what a genius idea it was. A decade later, when it came time to for my husband and I to register for our wedding, he didn't think Manolos should make the cut. Aside from being Mr. Right, he's also Mr. Practical, and he had a very utilitarian stance when it came to our list, wanting to include only items that we truly needed. And though I came to see his point, there's no need to sacrifice good design in the name of practicality.

READ MORE »



from Apartment Therapy | Saving the world, one room at a time http://ift.tt/2jsXn7C

No comments:

Post a Comment